We should be eating five or more servings of fruits and vegetables daily to supply Phytonutrients (several colors) at each meal. Variety of antioxidants is needed.
- Dark chocolate, not milk chocolate, is an excellent source of antioxidants. So, when you’re craving something sweet, one bite of organic dark chocolate can help.
- Green tea is another powerful antioxidant, it can protect us from cancer to cardiovascular disease and more. Green tea also protects information in our DNA from being damaged.
- Rooibos tea is a great source of antioxidants, it's caffeine - free.
- Look for oils described as " unrefined " or " cold pressed ". Refined, hydrogenated, bleached oils we should not use in our kitchen: Soy, Corn, Canola, Safflower, Sunflower, cottonseed. These industrial oils are mainly used in the fast and processed food industries. Look for organic to avoid the harmful pesticides.
- Much better option is olive oil that lowers bad LDL cholesterol and raise good HDL cholesterol. It improves your immunity since it contains antioxidants and health - promoting flavonoids. It protects against cancer, high blood pressure, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Grape seed oil is an outstanding source of beneficial vitamin E and has a much higher smoke point of 485 degrees.
- Coconut oil is good source of lauric acid, a saturated fatty acid with antiviral and antibacterial abilities that inhibits the inflammatory COX - 1 and COX - 2 enzymes, and slows the growth of bacteria listeria that causes food poisoning. Coconut oil also clears fungal infection caused by Candida and much more.
- You can try gluten - free diet for a month and then judge results. Skip the pre -pared foods: Avoid wheat, rye, and barley for 30 days, and see how you feel.
- But still use organic gluten free grains: Rice, both regular and wild, Millet, Quinoa, other ancient grains, Corn, Amaranth, Sorghum, Teff, Oats.
Three excellent anti - inflammatory supplements:
Extract of Turmeric, Curcumin has been shown to exhibit antioxidant, anti - inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and anticancer activities and thus has the potential against various malignant diseases, diabetes, allergies, arthritis, Alzheimer's disease and other chronic illnesses.
You can not find prescription drug with all of those benefits and also free of side effects.
lResveratrol: an antioxidant found in red wine and grapes that keeps your arteries, immune system, and every cell in your body young. It is an anti - aging nutrient, it's anti - inflammatory properties reverse conditions like cancer and heart disease.
Resveratrol also has ability to trigger your " longevity gene ".
Grape seed extract is a potent antioxidant, rich in polyphenols/proanthocyanidins, which can slow aging and ward off disease.Resveratrol, and grape seed extract's combinations has proven benefits for your heart.
All you need to start healing today is alkaline diet:
1. Free of hidden inflammation causing substances like sugar, gluten, and processed vegetable oils.
2. Get micronutrients from whole foods, cruciferous vegetables, and fruits, or and vegetable juices.
3. Use effective, fresh/potent supplements for natural inflammation control like: organic curcumin, reservatol, grape seed and other.
When you understand the hidden/chronic inflammation and acidosis influence our body health, we can get into field of general immune system repair.