Some other uses for the virtual generator, most of these are handy if all your generators are actively in use:
1. You can use the Virtual Generator to investigate a preset by loading it, without stopping a running generator.
2. You can test a preset to see how it behaves without using a real generator. Perhaps you want to see what frequencies are generated if you use a +-0.05% feather.
3. You can use it to do a reverse lookup without having stop and load your results into a real generator just to do a lookup.
4. You can use it to see how long a preset will run by loading it and then looking at the resulting times without involving a real generator.
5. You can use it to fine tune and test a chained preset.
Just some examples.
Authored by Jeff Kaczor