Most people who are struggling with an allergy go to the doctor to be treated and are routinely given acetaminophens to antihistamines, both of which may actually further aggravate the allergy symptoms they were given for.
Allergies are conventionally treated in the following ways:
- Over – the – counter medications that serve as decongestants
- Antihistamines, which prevent the release of the chemicals that cause allergic reactions
- Immunotherapy drugs
- Eye drops
- Skin creams, including those containing anti – histamine or steroid compounds
- Corticosteroids to control inflammation
- Elimination diets (such as gluten – free or dairy-free diet) to manage food allergies
- People with severe allergies might also carry an emergency epinephrine auto – injector (Epipen) with them in case of an attack
Antihistamines, corticosteroids and decongestants, as well as other OTC allergy medications, counteract the effect of the histamine produced by the body. However, they do have side effects.
The most common are: drowsiness, impaired performance, dryness of the eyes, nose and mouth, restlessness, abdominal distress, unusual bleeding and bruising, heart palpitations, insomnia.
In children, side effects include: nightmares, overexcitability, upset stomach, impaired cognitive function.
Pharmaceutical allergy medicines simply aren’t for everyone. Remember, they don’t cure the allergies – they just treat the symptoms.
In my opinion, the conventional treatment approaches except the elimination diet are not the best way to manage allergies because they don’t fix the underlying cause. People who suffer from allergies are often told to avoid triggers, but that is nearly impossible when the seasons are changing and our immune systems are impaired by the food industry and environmental toxins.
By purifying and detoxifying our systems we give chance our body to learn to adopt to allergen, while allergy drugs don’t address the fact that the problem still exists.
To get rid of allergies and improve functions of the immune system naturally you have to stop taking toxins into your body from food, air, water, EMF, relations. Start eating healthy food, drinking pure water and have plenty of fresh air and exercises and joy in your daily routine.
A strong immune system is key to fighting seasonal allergies.